Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 12:53:53 PM EDT
I have a artist airbrush , and i want to spray on a high gloss finish -( with GUN-KOTE GUN METAL BLUE)- and i am wondering what the tecnique is for spraying on a high gloss finish ?

i.e.  do I open the nozzle up to get more paint flow ?

I have done "flat" style GUN-KOTE  finnishes before , and there is alot more margin for error

I dont want to under spray and have "cloudy" areas in finish --- im lookin for a even smooth overall glossy finish

any tips would be greatly appreciated  !!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
If your air brush is anything like the testors airbrush that you can buy at walmart, tighten the bottle all the way and back it out about a quarter of a turn, tighted the nozzle all the way and then back it out about half a turn, that was the best settings for me when i resprayed.

shawn
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Get some junk metal and prep it  for painting ....use that as a test piece....
This way you will see how far and how much  of a spray pattern you will need...
If you are  paying attention,,you will not waste alot of product...but it is better than screwing it up on the gun!!!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top