Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 1:47:23 PM EDT
I have a new 5.56 bolt and I am installing it in a AK74 trunion..

I have a new 223 bullet guide..but it looks almost identicle to the one in it.

The bullet guide that is currently in it looks like it will work, but my bolt will not go into the trunion far enough to rotate and close..it is binding about 1/8 of an inch before rotating to lock up. It appears to be catching on the bullet guide on the bottom side..left.

I could take a little off the guide, but theres not much there to begin with.

I was wondering if it would be OK to modify the bolt lug by filing it down just a bit to allow lock up.  I would only need to take off very little on the lug itself...maybe 1/16.

I was wondering if I should take it off the front at an angle...or off the top of the back(there is already an angle there..I was just going to exagerate it.

Lets here your opinions..

Trunion is not in reciever, and barrell is not in trunion yet.

Thanks

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top