Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:11:51 AM EDT
finally finished my Yugo M70b1 and test fired. just waiting on a US made yugo grip.built on a 80% rec. G-2 FCG with tapco piston.
also finished my Romy "G" kit  and test fired. built on a Global trades 1.6mm rec. with G-2FCG and tapco piston, US PG. US slant. SAR furniture that I refinished myself.
both guns have been nuetered to be compliant with my NYS AWB, muzzle nut and slant have been welded on.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice..Whatever became of that Yugo on a modified Tapco flat you were working on ?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I put it all together, a few screws and the rest u-drives. the flat worked well but the udrives loosened and popped after about 60 rnds. the mistake i made with the u-drives was the size of the bit I used for the hole. after seeing how nice the 80% rec. looked, I decided to take it apart and build it later on a 100% rec. it still sits in a box waiting for new life. it is actually in nicer shape than the one above, bore is almost shiny,rifeling is real strong,and no pitting at all. I started to take pics of the de-milling of that one already.

you mean this one...

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#3]
They both look great!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I put it all together, a few screws and the rest u-drives. the flat worked well but the udrives loosened and popped after about 60 rnds. the mistake i made with the u-drives was the size of the bit I used for the hole. after seeing how nice the 80% rec. looked, I decided to take it apart and build it later on a 100% rec. it still sits in a box waiting for new life. it is actually in nicer shape than the one above, bore is almost shiny,rifeling is real strong,and no pitting at all. I started to take pics of the de-milling of that one already.

you mean this one...

photobucket.com/albums/y74/gunwolf/flat001.jpg

Can you post some details on the Tapco flat and a Yugo front trunnion?  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a test bent tapco flat, so I wanted to see if it would fit the yugo trunnion. I measured the length of the trunnion and  measured up from the bottom of the old reciever piece and cut a slit on each side with a dremel and cutoff wheel. then i used a 4" hand brake(hand seamer for ductwork) and bent both sides to match the old reciever piece. the trunnion slid right in. the tapco flat receiver worked fine for a functioning AK but the bulged reciver looks cleaner.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top