Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 5:52:19 AM EDT
I posted this in the discussion forum but there was no help there so I thought I would try here.

I have picked up a Russian 47 while I was out and about and I have started to shorten the barrell, What is the the minimum required distance from the end of the barrell to the gas port hole that will allow the rifle to fully cycle?  I am thinking 1.5 to 2 inches.  Do I have to taper the gas port like the original, or can I drill a standard hole?  If I bring back the gas port hole  1.5 or 2 inches do I need to make the gas port hole bigger? Help as my project is on hold untill I figure this out.  thanks, Mark
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#1]
ive seen them cut flush against then gb and cycle so put it where ever you want

as for the hole just drill it nothan special there either
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats were I have it now, but it seems so close to the end of thebarrell that I didn't think there would be enough gas pressure built up befor the round exited the barrell.  I think I will bring it back 1 inch and then reassemble since I don't want to put it all back together just to have to strip it down again,  Thanks for the info SOC.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Yugo M92 Krink like the the ones available currently around the web, and the gasblock/flash hider is right on the end of the barrel.  I even took the hider off to see the fireworks at night.  I had my doubts about it  ejecting reliably but  it never failed. If you  have ever seen  those flash hiders it is apparent  that they are suppose to create some back pressure for  reliable operation but it wasn't nessessary as it  flawlessly without.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top