Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 3:13:49 PM EDT
I have a new Vector underfolder.  My gas piston wiggles.  My gas piston on my WASR does not.  Does the gas piston wiggling make a difference?  I dont think it does, because this rifle has such low tolorences to begin with.  On my Vector the pin holding it on is barley visible because the parkarizing is over it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#1]
its suppose to wiggle, the wasr is welded.. mostly you will not have a problem but its suppose to have some play

ETA: vector put the rifle together the way it was ment to be. the wasr's kinda got hacked together.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I have and Arsenal SA M7 and there is no wiggle in my gas piston.  I also have a Century Yugo and there is alot of wiggle in that one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:41:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
because this rifle has such low tolorences to begin with.  .

It is suppose to wiggle...for that reason....to allow for minor alinement issues with the carrier and gas tube.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#4]
They are supposed to wiggle.  But if it runs fine without the wiggle, that is OK too.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:08:31 AM EDT
[#5]
it is just screwed into the carrier and pined, so it will wiggle on the pin, which is a good way to find the elusive bugger
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top