Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/28/2006 7:57:06 AM EDT
It looks like a couple romy folders hit the market...................does that meen they're letting barrels in again?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#1]
romy folders?  link please good sir
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't the ATF say that if you still had blank forms you could fill them out and import kits/barrels- one for each form until you were out?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I havent been following this at all is this going to kill the Ak building?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:54:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I havent been following this at all is this going to kill the Ak building?

I doubt it.
First of all, Century Arms already got new (American made?) barrels for the Yugos they built/sold, IMO it only added about $100 to what the probably would have sold it for otherwise.

Secondly, I'm not so sure they aren't letting barrels in as we speak. I'm seeing side folding and under folding romanian kits in the last week, they kinda silently entered the market, before that CAI got AMD65s without barrels, therefor I deduce that the romanians came in after the AMDs. CFS claims to have 3 semi truck trailers full of shit, they claim they'll tell us what it is after they inspect it and inventory it. So it a great big--> for now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:19:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
] CFS claims to have 3 semi truck trailers full of shit, they claim they'll tell us what it is after they inspect it and inventory it.

sounds like some of the crap they tried to pull over on gunco.  turned out it was yugos with "excellent bores".  we all know how that ended up.

some of the ladies at CFS are well-known for leading people on as a means of testing the market.

i wouldn't hold your breath.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#7]
RES- like I said- supposedly if a dealer had a stack of forms, he was allowed to use all of his forms.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the larger importers had stacks upon stacks of forms.  The forms have IDs on them I'm sure and the ATF knows they are out there.  I think they are just being nice but the noose is tightening.  

If there are kits coming in that are sans barrel, then there's a reason for it and that's just the noose tightening...

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#8]
A stack of forms does you no good.
The  form had to be submitted and approved before 12/31/05.

Anything that was on a form approved before 12/31 will be allowed in, no more forms will be approved.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A stack of forms does you no good.
The  form had to be submitted and approved before 12/31/05.

Anything that was on a form approved before 12/31 will be allowed in, no more forms will be approved.

That is per the first or second letter, now they are saying that certain (dual use) barrels can come in, we are just waiting to hear what is being allowed, I suspect someone already knows.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I suspect someone already knows.

I agree and the fact that they arent saying anything seems like good news to me. Heres the way I see it. I can only assume that any large importer who has a LOT of money invested in this has to have a very good idea of whats going on. However I havent heard any of them say a word. This leads me to believe that there is a chance that more kits can & will come in but in order to keep the prices high on kits already here as well as keep them moving they must rely on scaricity to sell them.

ETA What do you guys think of this? I know its not exactly a Ak but wouldnt the ban apply to these as well. we should have our kits in stock mid February leads me to believe that they are still waiting for the kits to be brought in.

Quoted:
1.Russian DP-28 semi auto- This design is approved and we should have our kits in stock mid February.  Finished product will be available shortly after in the $2500 price range, kits will be $500.  Yes, the handsome fellow in the cool hat is me.

www.militarygunsupply.com/mgs/DP28.JPG
www.militarygunsupply.com/mgs/DP28HEADON.JPG
www.militarygunsupply.com/mgs/DP28PROFILE.JPG

Who knows how to build it? Not I.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
1.Russian DP-28 semi auto- This design is approved and we should have our kits in stock mid February. Finished product will be available shortly after in the $2500 price range, kits will be $500. Yes, the handsome fellow in the cool hat is me.

www.militarygunsupply.com/mgs/DP28.JPG
www.militarygunsupply.com/mgs/DP28HEADON.JPG
www.militarygunsupply.com/mgs/DP28PROFILE.JPG

The DP/RPD/DShK bolt lock up is really neat.
Do the reciever chunks come with it?
Is the reciever cut where the locking "fingers"(?) wedge in?

How did they to convert these types to SA?
Replacing the one piece fixed firing pin/bolt lock cam looks like a bugger.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#14]
You figure this would be like the 89 ban. Everyone hurried to get the guns in that were approved. Even though they where allowed to bring them in to a point, once the day hit they had to be converted. So my question is, how are they still getting here intact after Jan. 1. You would figure the bayo lugs and threads would need to be ground down. Just a thought. I think they are just trying to get the prices up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#16]
There will be dual use barrels but only a company who has a reputation of replacing barrels in "sporting rifles" will most likely be the one allowed to import them.  They'll probably want to stay legal by not just selling the barrels to joe schmoe or jon smith.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top