Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 6:21:56 PM EDT
Are all AK 47 firing pin's pretty much interchangable?    Are Bolts interchangable between manufacturers?

Does a Polish AK bolt have a spring which pushes the firing pin rearward when not being struck?  My Mak 90 does, but my Bulgy 74 does not.

Does anyone know where I can get a firing pin, and it's retaining pin (and spring if needed)  Or where I can get a complete bolt?      Polish if it matters.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I think most firing pins are probably interchangable.  I don't think this is true with bolts though... I think you'll most likely have headspace issues if you swap bolts.  No, Polish firing pins are not spring loaded.  Have you looked on the EE for a bolt?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:02:40 AM EDT
[#2]
chinese are a strange duck
most dont have a spring loaded pin

you can change the bolt with another eastern block bolt (stay away from chinese)
but you will need to check headspace whenever you change any bolt
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:11:27 AM EDT
[#3]
If the problem is with the firing pin, change that. Don't swap bolts. Doing that may cause headspace issues.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:23:51 AM EDT
[#4]
My SAR1 didn't have a firing pin or retaining pin with I bought it...NIB.  I got them from K-VAR corp... just to warn you, the shipping cost more than double the cost of the parts.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top