Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:15:18 AM EDT
I have ordered a few Romy kits.  Now I need the recievers.  I'm going to order the EWBanks from DPH as he is a great guy to deal with.  Only thing is whether to get predrilled holes or without holes?  I'm going to buy a bunch at once to minimize the FFL transfer fee.  Should I get a few of each?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It's great to build one with the holes already there IF they line up.  If they don't, then get a rec that doesn't have the holes.

The holes don't have to exactly line up- remember this is an AK not an AR......we're allowed more 'slop'.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Holes are so easy to drill and to get right i wouldnt risk it myself, when i build i drill the hole smaller and hand fit each rivet with a small round file for a tight fit. The rivets on the market today are mass produced and varry in size by milimeters sometimes, Yes its an AK and Yes you cant get by, but me personally i want everything to line up perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard the EWBanks recievers are actually spec'ed at ak74 sizes so I'll have to do some fitting for a '47.  Is this something that will be easy for a first timer not to screw up?  I hear you have to file the ejector and stuff.  I'm newb enough to not even know WTH that is.  Should I still go with EWBanks?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
ive found there quality to be shotty at best

id go with oow or global if i was you
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Where's a good place for global or ooc recievers?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
ohio rapid fire usually has both but they are all out of global, because they are backordered, but I think they have a "safety lever gap" or something like that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#8]
they fixed the gap
but even with it i still like the oow better
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top