Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 1:36:35 AM EDT
I need an underfolder to round out my collection.  I don't like to spend a bunch of money on it, and the Centerfire Yugos (already assembled) piqued my interest.  But, I am into building the kits now.  After seeing the iffy condition of all the non-chrome lined bores of the Yugos, and the general condition of the guns, I found that I can get a Polish underfolder kit for $179.  Is there any need for me to look any further, or is this as good of a deal as I can get at this time on a kit of this quality?  TIA
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:53:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats a pretty good price.

My polish underfolder from dans was in beautiful condition.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:12:34 AM EDT
[#2]
i have 3, 2 kits from dans, one from sportsman guide. the dan's kits looked like the choped up a new rifle. the sportsman guid kit cleaned up nice and the bore was nice. it was all finish ware after i cleaned it up.  that seems like the goign rate in price.

Ronald
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:06:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Who, what or where is "Dans" ? I have not found them yet.

If anybody has a link, please post it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:23:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I *think* this is it...

Dan's Sporting Goods

So, is the Polish the best-quality-at-a-reasonable-price underfolding kit out there?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#5]
The dansammo and akronarmory polish kits are probably the best on the market right now, I own 2 kits from dansammo and they both arrived in phenomenal condition. The deal with the guns is that most of them were kept in the armory and then demilled at the factory, so they are for the most part unissued guns. Good kits.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I did it... ordered a Polish for $179 shipped.  I couldn't see playing the Yugo dark bore/carvings game when for a few bucks more I could get chrome lined,  90%+  goodness.  I'll have to see if I can find the matching bayonet when it comes in; this kit doesn't come with the extras.

At least I'll have my underfolder!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#7]
DD,
You won't regret buying the kit. You may have to refinish the kit depending on your tastes, but if you do then the surface under the paint is parked. Perfect for any paint finish. The quality of the gun is great with really nice wood on all I have seen, plus you geat a chrome lined barrel.

Quoted:
Well, I did it... ordered a Polish for $179 shipped.  I couldn't see playing the Yugo dark bore/carvings game when for a few bucks more I could get chrome lined,  90%+  goodness.  I'll have to see if I can find the matching bayonet when it comes in; this kit doesn't come with the extras.

At least I'll have my underfolder!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#8]
My Polish UF kit from Copes came with a bayonet, sling, and a mag.  It has a great bore, but the finish is worn to about 40%.  No worries I was planning on a refinish anyway!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I need an underfolder to round out my collection.  I don't like to spend a bunch of money on it, and the Centerfire Yugos (already assembled) piqued my interest.  But, I am into building the kits now.  After seeing the iffy condition of all the non-chrome lined bores of the Yugos, and the general condition of the guns, I found that I can get a Polish underfolder kit for $179.  Is there any need for me to look any further, or is this as good of a deal as I can get at this time on a kit of this quality?  TIA

Where did you find these kits for $179.99 shipped??????  

link please

the link for dan's sporting goods  ~ I can only find the kit for 185.00
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#10]
http://ammunitionstore.com/ is offering the $179 shipped kits. Cant get a direct link for some reason, but they are under the Parts Kit section. Not sure what the exact condition is on them or if they are currently in stock. They are just rifle parts, too. No mags or other accessories.

I have ordered kits from the Sportsman's Guide($220+SH) and Dan's($245/shipped). The SG kits metal had heavy wear. The chrome in the bore was begining to flake off near the chamber. Sent it back, and ordered one from Dan's. Perfect condition!

http://www.dansammo.com/odds.asp
Tenth item on the page.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
http://ammunitionstore.com/ is offering the $179 shipped kits. Cant get a direct link for some reason, but they are under the Parts Kit section. Not sure what the exact condition is on them or if they are currently in stock. They are just rifle parts, too. No mags or other accessories.

I have ordered kits from the Sportsman's Guide($220+SH) and Dan's($245/shipped). The SG kits metal had heavy wear. The chrome in the bore was begining to flake off near the chamber. Sent it back, and ordered one from Dan's. Perfect condition!

Tenth item on the page.

In the pictures it looks like the polish underfolder already have all of the rivets pulled.  Is this the case or did they just do it for the pictures?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:57:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tenth item on the page.

In the pictures it looks like the polish underfolder already have all of the rivets pulled.  Is this the case or did they just do it for the pictures?

I'll find out today, the UF kit is on the brown truck on its way to my door.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#14]
How do they look Diggler?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the kit... whoever demilled them actually didn't shear off the rivets, they are drilled almost through.  The underfolder trunion holes are a little oblong, but it doesn't look like it was from demil, it looks like it was from the original assembly.

The finish is nice.  It looks like it's all parkerized - greyish color.  Not painted.  A very few marks on the handguards.  Put it this way, I'm not refinishing it.  Anywhere the metal finish is worn, it's very little, and has the smooth antiqued look (underfolder especially).  Looks a lot better than my 3 romy kits, and the metal finish is better than my painted AMD kits.  

I give it two thumbs up!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Cool I guess I better have them send that brown truck to my house also.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top