Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 11:28:03 AM EDT
ok. i'm ordering the parts i need to have the AMD built off of tapco.
*already have a US FCG and a reciever
*ordering a AMD US gas piston
*ordering the US compliant extended AMD break

and i'm about to add some rivets to do the build, but i remember a while back that tapco rivets suck- are they better now, or should i order them elsewhere?

other than that, am i set?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you're set to go, are you using a US made receiver? As far as rivets go, i wouldnt use tapco rivets, you can find better quality rivets from guys on the EE and there less expensive than the tapco and quality is much better. I bought some from low led and there great. McM
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
alright. yeh. its a global reciever. i was originally planning on doing the build myself, but the kit looks perfect and i'd rather have it turn out perfect for such a beautiful rifle.

i hadn't heard for sure if the tapco rivets still sucked, i heard somewhere that they had been made a little wider to fill out the holes because as i recall that was a problem for a while. but at the same time, i hadn't heard enough to really convince me so i figured i'd ask.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top