Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 5:31:41 AM EDT
Just received my fake can to fit onto CFS Yugo M92 Krink kit to make it legal length.

Need advice on :

1) How do I finish this to cover the in the white aluminum ( I think it is aluminum). WOuld Aulumahyde II work ?

2) How do I permanently attach it to barrel so it's legal - do I have to silver solder it ?  How is this done ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I finished mine using Duplicolor 1200 deg. header paint. Preheat part to 150 deg. Spray it and bake it for 1 1/2 hrs. @350 deg.

Cannot silver solder alum to steel. You'll have to blind pin it. Drill a hole through the can where it is threaded onto the barrel. If your putting this on an M92 Yugo like I did I drilled through outer threads on the barrel too. Tap through the can and outer barrel threads and install a setscrew ( red loctite). Make sure the setscrew is about 1/8" down in the hole. Then the hole over the setscrew has to be welded shut over it. I had to have mine TIG welded. Its really not that difficult to do.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top