Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 1:57:29 PM EDT
I'm new to building AKs, and I'm starting out with a Romy, but I ordered a Polish U/F kit for the future. Does anyone make 100% receivers for these with the rear trunnion cut-out?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Dph arm had ones made by ewbanks,with all holes.And the pistol grip plate(for added strengh)
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure Scott at DPH Arms has them. I think they are JOEKEN receivers. Some people on this site have issues with JOEKEN. I have no experience with them either way so I can't comment.
If you order one and do a build, please let us know how it went. I'm interested in building a Polish folder myself.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Global Trade has one that is not listed on their website or anything.  

You have to talk to one of the ladies and request it.  It adds $50 to the cost of the receiver.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#4]
DCI/Harlan is probably going to make a Polish underfolder receiver that would be better than any currently out there.  They could be offered as early as late January.  I'm holding out for theirs.

www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=76335&page=3
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Built this with one from DPH....worked out very well.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Just don't forget to see if it has the reinforcement plate.  If it doesn't, you should add one.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:06:52 AM EDT
[#7]
How hard is it to drill underfolder holes in a Tapco flat?  Is it just a matter of getting a templete and drilling?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
If its intact you can use the old rec stbs as a template
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Beautifully done. I have a kit that I did on a cold steel blank that will be awaiting a correct receiver from Harlan. The coldsteel blank had many problems which the locked up bolt carrier was one too many. Cut up the receiver witha bandsaw to demill it permanently and stop the waste of time on that one......

Quoted:
Built this with one from DPH....worked out very well.

www.g3pb.com/polish.jpg

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top