Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/12/2005 9:51:58 PM EDT
I have purchased my first kit, it is the Yugo/Romanian underfolder from Centerfire.  So far everything is taking a lot longer than I expected, not that it is a serious problem since this is a new hobby and all.
Anyways, I have 2 Norincos and a Romanian Ak's and have never seen the squeeze pin thingy on the rear trunion before.  How do I take that apart to get the trunion off the reciever??

Thanks

"When life hands you lemons, ask for Tequila and salt."
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
One side screws off just like a nut,(non button side) then just slide the pin out. Took me a little while to figure that one out too!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:27:42 AM EDT
[#2]
There are two small holes on the bottom of the reciever that the PG covers up when it is installed.  Turn the reciever over on to the top rails and use a small punch to tap those two pins out.  Only then will you be able to completly disasemble the folding mechanism.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I was under the impression he is asking about the pin that locks the recoil spring in its slot on the rear trunion.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How do I take that apart to get the trunion off the reciever??

The right hand side (as your aiming the rifle) threads off. Mine was staked. I removed the old rivets and spread the receiver out, took it off and then removed the recoil spring latch/catch.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.  I was wandering a HF wannabe store called Ducks (great store) and found a tool that is basically a forked flat head screw driver.  Its a nail puller.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top