Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 7:35:51 AM EDT
I hate to throw it out, but what would be the best way to fix this. I jammed the block into the chamber area when removing it, and had to cut it to relieve the stress to get it back out. The Brl isnt hurt just the block. Can I weld it, or can I use it as is??? Or can someone here fix it for me for some fee????
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I would get it positioned where it needs to be in relation to the gas block and the top in line with the barrel and weld it. Just fill the gap and contour to orginal shape. It will be under the handgaurd and won't show. If you leave it and just pin it, it could rotate and throw off your POI.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#2]
So it wont hurt anything being cut like that, is there no force applied to that area????
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#3]
after the rifle is built  just tack it on
there is vary little going on there but its still a good idea to weld it just in case
when welding remember heat is not your friend make alot of little tack welds so you dont heatup the barrel
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]

I tried to weld a cracked romy RSB. It is some sort of cast and the weld will not hold. If it were mine in that condition, I would probably replace it because effectivly all that is holding it on is the pin. But if it seems stable enough, you could probably get by.

I still have mine and it is doing fine so far without the weld. It has a crack on the top side of barrel band. It is not all the way front to back like yours and the pin still holds it securly, but if I ever get a shot at a new RSB on the cheap, i'll replace it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:05:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
So pinning it and bonding it is not a problem. I just didnt want anything flying off or exploding, but I guess there is nothing there really, right, just a rear sight base.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:40:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Clean it really good with Acetone or something and then engage in some clever use of JB Weld, it should be just fine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Will do, Thanks for the info. Hated to ruin a good barrel with the ban coming soon, but then again, I really dont need another ak, Lets see
1 sar-2
1-bulgy inrange 74 (PLUM)
1- ssr-56
1-Bulgy Krink
1 homebuilt polish underfolder
1 Homebuilt romy Underfolder
and some romy kits.
But I cant help myslef, Hoard Hoard Hoard.....
Next should be a 5.56 Maybe something milled
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top