Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 8:07:40 PM EDT
     I want to build an authentic AKS-74U using a KVAR-kit (not demilled--ie barrel pin not drilled) and possibly using an SLR-105 as a donor receiver.  How difficult, expensive or desirable is this conversion?  I'm concerned about rebarreling using the existing trunnion and with adding the side folding stock trunnion.
          I have a registered Global Trades 1.6 mm reciever made for 5.45mm. I was originally going to use it for the aks-74U build but I find the mag well dimples fugly.  Can I use this Global reciever with my YUGO m-92 kit without much technical difficulty.   I will probably use a professional builder for both these builds.  
        Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it would be a good idea. The trunion would not have to be changed if you were using the 5.45 krink. They both should have 22mm journals and the pin hole needed for the folder could easily be drilled. Now, the cost factor might be something else. Although you could build the rest of the 105 into the global and have another rifle. Of course when you use the GT 1.6 receiver the trunion and rear block both have to be machined to fit the thicker receiver.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]
they will have to use a vert mill or change out the trunnion for the barrel pin either way its gonna be spendy
you prolly really dont wanna hear this but if your not gonna build it yourself its not worth it to have it built
kit 650-700
rec 350
us parts 50
mis parts 30
fake can 100
build 350-600

total 1500-1800
you can sell your parts and buy one new without a wait to have it built
for 1000-1400
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top