Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/16/2005 12:40:23 PM EDT
I would like to buy a kit but they seem a little more diverse than AK kits. Even seems like some kits are complete, some partial??
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be interested in one if I knew where to get receivers for them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd be interested in one if I knew where to get receivers for them.

Receivers are not the problem, I see them in shotgun news all the time. My understanding is that those kits you see are open bolt SMG kits, you would have to spend several hundred dollars to get the closed bolt parts. I researched it to some extent a while back and that was what I was told.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Did the semi-auto Uzis that were imported in the 1980's have closed bolts?  I guess they probably would've had to have been in order to be legal unless this closed bolt law has been implimented since then.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did the semi-auto Uzis that were imported in the 1980's have closed bolts?  I guess they probably would've had to have been in order to be legal unless this closed bolt law has been implimented since then.

I think there are a few open bolt semis that got in before the ruling. I think it was the Macs that caused the ruling, they were too easy to convert to FA so ATF said no more open bolts.
I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I read on Uzi Talk it can be done.  However you will be paying just as much as you would purchasing one from Vector.  Now if you are more interested in building I say go for it.  I have a kit or two that I may build one day.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#6]
if you look around long enough, you can find the parts to build an uzi for about $450 total cost, not including the "welding jigs" which you may or may not need to have, depending on your skill level.

YOu can buy an uzi from vector for not much more than that... $650 ?

However, you may be able to save a little money if you build it as a pistol, (Pistols don't need USA parts for 922 compliance, BUT they still need a new bolt and trigger group, so you will still only save money on not having to buy a new barrel  

So, maybe you could build an uzi as a pistol for about $400? if you are lucky...

yea, it's almost not worth it. still... building stuff is fun.. I guess that's why we are hanging out in this area of the DARK SIDE.

have a cookie?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Just watch out for the saw cut UZI kits with an inch missing in the ejection port. They are considered "contraband" by the  jackboots boyz
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Vector has them for 599.00 I talked with them the other day and they don't have any more of  the IMI receivers all they had left were the Norinco ones. I have one of the IMI ones. I looked into putting a kit together and it was cheaper  to get e vector.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:30:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Vector has them for 599.00 I talked with them the other day and they don't have any more of  the IMI receivers all they had left were the Norinco ones. I have one of the IMI ones. I looked into putting a kit together and it was cheaper  to get e vector.

They have the Group Industries recievers (USA) left, not Norinco.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top