Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 12:22:08 PM EDT
I'm putting together my order for parts and had two questions:

1. If I'm using a G2, will a "Full-auto selector lever removed from unissued Polish AKM rifles. Made in Poland" work?  Global sells these.

2. Do I need a different hammer spring?  I seem to recall people using a different hammer spring.

Thanks!
Jim
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There is enough difference in hammer springs to render the Tantal spring very unreliable for use with a stf. type AK hammer.  Also, about any std. selector for an AKM should be fine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought I had tried the spring thing.  I just installed a Tantal spring on a std. AK hammer - should work actually.  There are some size differences but everything should work.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm putting together my order for parts and had two questions:

1. If I'm using a G2, will a "Full-auto selector lever removed from unissued Polish AKM rifles. Made in Poland" work?  Global sells these.

2. Do I need a different hammer spring?  I seem to recall people using a different hammer spring.

Thanks!
Jim

1. I built a tantal on an oow reciever and used a standard safty lever from a polish akm

2 .you need a standard  hammer/trigger spring
    the one that comes with the tantal does not have the legs that go over the trigger to give the  
trigger tention.

BLM
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top