Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 12:39:18 PM EDT
I did read the thread below about a similar problem, but mine does it with no mag in place.

Just trying to close the bolt empty it sticks and has to be forced into battery, it just doesn't want to go that last 1/2 inch.

The ejector was too long and I took it down a little bit untill it quit forcing the bolt to the right, but still it just doesn't want to close up.

Any idea what I can look at or how to diagnose this?

If it matters this is a PKMS on a Eubanks reciever.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the bolt hitting the trunnion at the transition point where the trunnion and lower rails meet?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, The rail was a little low but I beat it into shape (Read; tapped it up a bit)

The carrier goes forward fine on it's own and the bolt by itself will lock into place, but put them bolt together and the bolt hits up againt the barrel but won't turn.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]
barrel might be too far forward towards the reciever. you need to pull the pin and press it out some probably. this happened on my gun. the notch for the pin in the barrel is bigger than the hole in the trunion, so you have a little bit of play
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top