Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2005 3:32:39 PM EDT
Looks like Clearview still has some AMD 65 plastic grip kits available for $129.99.
Anybody know what kind of condition these kits are in?
Anybody here order one?
Looking to buy a VG condition AMD 65 kit for a future build.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
when i ordered they had wood handle like new condition for 129.99 coming in maybe tomarrow will give word on how they are.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
when i ordered they had wood handle like new condition for 129.99 coming in maybe tomarrow will give word on how they are.

Looking forward to your comment when it comes in.
When did you order your kit?
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered one  with wood from them a couple of months ago. It was BRAND NEW and looked like it had never been fired. I ordered another one with wood from them on 5 July 2005 and haven't received it yet. They were shut down for a week over the 4th and are just now getting caught up on their shipping.
I should have the kit sometime this week as it was shipped today. They seem to be good people to do business with. I really believe the AMD 65 kit I have coming will be a great one.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a "like new" wood grip kit last week and it is in excellent condition.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#5]
The wood grip new condition 65's would seem to be gone, don't show on the web page.  They do still show to have the plastic grip kits, however the plastic kits have always said used and the wood always said new or like new.  So I would imagine the used plastic kits would be in very good condition just like all the rest of the 65's have been, but not new.

Where as the wood grip kits should have been little more than test fired.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#6]
The wood grip new condition 65's would seem to be gone, don't show on the web page.  They do still show to have the plastic grip kits, however the plastic kits have always said used and the wood always said new or like new.  So I would imagine the used plastic kits would be in very good condition just like all the rest of the 65's have been, but not new.

Where as the wood grip kits should have been little more than test fired.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:12:05 AM EDT
[#7]
They took the wood grip AMD 65 off there page but i called and asked if they still had the wood grip like new for $129.99 and they lady said they sure do. Just checked the tracking I should have them today unless UPS is slacking. I ordered them last week along with other stuff took a couple days to get my other items in.  figured i better get some 65's while i can.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:47:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Its on the truck headed my way UPS usually stops by here around 3:30 or so will have info by 5:00.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Where's the website for this deal?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:39:53 AM EDT
[#10]
www.clearviewinvest.com/

Google people, Google!

Also, it looks like all the AMDs are gone from their site.

Edited to hotlink.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They took the wood grip AMD 65 off there page but i called and asked if they still had the wood grip like new for $129.99 and they lady said they sure do. Just checked the tracking I should have them today unless UPS is slacking. I ordered them last week along with other stuff took a couple days to get my other items in.  figured i better get some 65's while i can.

Not any more... I just called them.
They are totally out of wood grip kits and are scratching the bottom of the barrel on the plastic grip kits.  No more AMD-65 kits.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:45:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I swear, I tried google....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=clearview
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess if you really are desperate and really want one, you could "demill" one of their dummy AMDs yourself

Also, it looks like this is the end of AMD kits forever.  This hobby has me kicking myself over and over again!  Why oh why didn't I buy 10 AMDs when Tapco had them for $59.99, why?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey, at least you tried..  Clearview is too general a search term, I just searched for "clearview AMD 65" (minus the quotes) and it's first in the list.  

Quoted:
I swear, I tried google....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=clearview

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:26:43 AM EDT
[#15]
i ordered 5 wanting a pistol out of one an AOW and SBR but the SBR will not look like a AMD-65
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#16]
just got them in and they look new or only test fired oh my i'm happy look to be as nice as the two 74 i got
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
just got them in and they look new or only test fired oh my i'm happy look to be as nice as the two 74 i got

Damn, I hate you ... good luck on your build
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks Yobo and I’m sorry they didn't have enough to go around if I find some more at a good price I’ll send you in the direction. the 65 can be made into some EVIL guns with I plan on doing got 3 for me and 2 for my dad who always wants in when I show him how cool they are. All of his evil rifles  were me getting one and convincing him he needs one too 2 K31, AR, 2 AMD-65 kits, and a Bulgarian 74 sidefolder kit. I think I’m advising him right
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:14:16 AM EDT
[#19]
I just this second got off the phone with them and they have AMD plastic kits for $129.00
They are not on the site so you will need to call them.
The lady I talked to said that my order would ship out today, so hopefully next week UPS will knock on my door!
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#20]
i was just looking at the invoice they cost $119.99 wood grip new condition
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I just this second got off the phone with them and they have AMD plastic kits for $129.00
They are not on the site so you will need to call them.
The lady I talked to said that my order would ship out today, so hopefully next week UPS will knock on my door!

you're right. i called and placed my order.
that was the best news of the day.
she's mailing mine out on friday, so i will get it when i'm home.
she said they pulled it because of their very low quanity.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got my kit today. It is as advertised - Like New! Also got a new FCG with the gun that is semiauto. It'll go good on the pistol build!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Just tried to order from them- They won't ship the parts kits to CA, talked to the supervisor, she said although they sell them as replacements parts only, and there are no laws prohbiting them from selling/shipping to CA, they are worried if someone illegally builds one, the company will get in trouble. They tried to convince me it was the same as shipping a high cap magazine to CA . No more business for them from me. Damn backboneless companies....
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm sorry to hear that but I can't say I blame them. I wouldn't sell anything in Communist California. Dealing with the Communist Democratic Party just isn't worth it.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#25]
i'm with him, sorry to hear that, but it clears them of liability. a lot of companies do that because if they get in trouble, they get in big trouble. no reason to risk it for a 100 and some odd dollar kit that you are going to build a new rifle out of. seems like it just isn't worth the risk to me either.

on a side note, i got my amd-65 kit today. perfect condition. everything is beautiful and as advertised. great company and i'll be dealing with them again.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I ended up ordering my AMD-65 kit from MARSH HAWK.
It arrived yesterday and I was very surprised to find a new kit.
New as in never fired except at the factory.   Came with wood grip.

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I just put in an order for two AMD-65 kits from Clearview. I'll post condition when they come in.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Is Clearview same company as Centerfiresystems. They have the same address.

Hank
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#29]
They told me they are not the same company but they are in the same building. Also, Centerfire sells whole guns but Clearview doesn't.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Two AMD kits just arrived from Clearview. The finish on one is almost gone with about 10% left and the other has about 70%left. The rifling in the bore looks great (possibly unfired) but dusty/dirty.

I'll run a patch through the bore tonight to make sure it's okay as it looks like it will be.

If  you plan on refishing the gun anyway then these are still fine kits. It looks like the price on the used AMD kits just went up again to $149.

Chris

ETA: The bore looks perfect. Shiny and high sharp lands. It almost looks like they weren't used but kept in a gunney sack together and driven over country roads for a couple years. Oh well. I would have refinished them anyway since the black spray paint they come with looks like hell. Actually, these have more character than my old one with the black spray paint.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#31]
149 for used mine 3 weeks ago were 119 new condition
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:31:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, looks like they are going up. Also, no new kits left when I called.

Chris
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top