Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/22/2005 5:37:37 PM EDT
Has anyone else had problems with the GT receivers being pulled in too tight in the center?  It looks like maybe the center brace is causing it, but I'm not sure.  

Thx!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've bought three and aside from one needing very minor hand filing in the area that slides into the forward trunnion they've been perfect.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up two more and they're perfect.  No problems at all.  RTC
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I've built on 4 Global receivers and have been very happy with the results. Only had one glitch with the last build but not anything too difficult! They take a lot less fitting than the OOW receivers!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah love the receiver it just seems a bit tight in the middle.  I'll look at it tmrw.  Probably just some minor adjusting.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I just  put 3 together and 1 was perfect the other 2 were a little tight on the top. near the rear.  I opened them up a bit by putting 2 pins into my vise (drilled and tapped very close) and opened the vise slowly in multiple to gain about .010 of an inch to make the rear match the front.  now they fit perfectly and function fine.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Just ordered 2.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm trying to help guys get started in this hobby (Or obsession) and am passing on some experience to ease the learning curve.  I've done flats, sheet metal, and commercial receiver builds and don't think that there currently is a better, more accurate product than what Global offers.  There are other quality commercial receivers, but Globals seems to have fewer com-promises re: pre-drilled trunnion holes, selector height, rail alignment, heat treating, etc.  On the more recent 1mm product, there is a secondary bend on the upper rail, similar to that seen on the European receivers.  This is a great feature not seen on many other receivers.  RTC  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I had to send one back for replacement for an out of round trigger pin axis hole and the one I got back is still not 100% round in all the holes. This one is also warped in the front where the trunion goes and it's 'tweaked' a bit.  Come on Global get some QC!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top