Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/18/2004 6:19:32 PM EDT
I've seen the different ways to remove or install barrels/pins without a press. I have a 12 ton shop press. Does anybody have jigs or kits to use for FSB,barrel install/removal WITH a press?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:07:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope this isn't a problem posting this link but...

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210627&goto=newpost

Here is a review of these kits...

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184848

Photos and more details:

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179956

Is the press kit by which all other press kits seem to be measured.  I can't really say how well I like it as I don't have mine yet but I hope to get it soon

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I gave up on that guy. He is too busy. Can't answer emails or pms. Thats why I asked here. I offered to rent one from somebody but no reply yet. If I had the plans I would build one myself which is probably what I will have to do anyway.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been trying to get one of those for a year. Problem is, he says "I'm making fifteen, sign up now!" and there's fifteen sig's before I see the thread. I've gotten by with the press plates, a hammer, and steel pipes of various diameter. The only disadvantage to not having his kit is time savings. You can make what you need.

Schulze
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm doing a Krink build. His kit may not work for me anyway.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#5]
stick your barrel in freezer overnight
heat front block with a torch not read hot just hot enough u dont wanna touch it and slip the 2 together
if they need some help use a block of wood and a hammer not really that hard
if your set on useing a press u need 1 u can control do somethang cheap and kinda cheezy works best
not a big nice electric press
and as far as the jig gos a monkey could build 1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Like I said I've seen ALL the ways to put one on without the press. But I already have one so I guess I'll have to monkey up and build my own jig. The hot/cold method would be great  if thats all you had to worry about was the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:37:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I have also been on the waiting list for weeks and I am hoping that I get the jig soon...  With the more expensive parts kits I sure do understand why you would want to try to use the best tools possible and I hope you decide to share just how you do it if you do make your own tools!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#8]
You should be getting close. I see where a few people are receiving them. You will definitely get yours before I will. I can't even get a reply to get on the list! I would really appreciate some pics if you have time when you get it.  Thanks
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top