Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 6:09:49 AM EDT
I wanted to post pictures but I dont have an online account anywhere. Can someone direct me to a host, or if I sent pics to someone could they post them for me? After problems with photobucket, I switched to imageshack- hopefully these will stay around for a little while.

The gun:
Tapco amd65 built on an OOW receiver. Welded front trunnion, thru bolts on the rear block. Camo job is airbrushed model paint. I did the same thing on my FAL and it has held up very well. The AMD is going into my desert car and probably wont be used much, so if it gets banged around a bit, I dont really care. Thanks to everyone that helped me with the build here on this forum- you made it alot easier!
Thanks,
Dean

http://img73.exs.cx/img73/7592/AMD65bb.jpg

http://img73.exs.cx/img73/3334/AMD65aa.jpg
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks really nice! What did you use to refinish it?

Try this place.   http://imageshack.us/index3.php
Free picture hosting without any advertising or pop-ups.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:36:05 AM EDT
[#3]
YEah, Photobucket had a catastophic crash, and my pics were lost in the process. I usually post right from my PC, but ar-15.com doesnt allow this. I will try imageshack.

Sorry 'bout that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a SWEET looking gun man.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, I could stare at it as much as I could actually shoot it! Is that a pattern in
use in some remote place in the world, or just your own?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]
You welded the front trunnions?

Did you rivet it in place, then weld, or screw build and then welded them, or did you just fill the trunnion/receiver with a puddle weld?

I'm just curious....after reading another thread of welded front trunnions giving way.

Quoted:
I wanted to post pictures but I dont have an online account anywhere. Can someone direct me to a host, or if I sent pics to someone could they post them for me? After problems with photobucket, I switched to imageshack- hopefully these will stay around for a little while.

The gun:
Tapco amd65 built on an OOW receiver. Welded front trunnion, thru bolts on the rear block. Camo job is airbrushed model paint. I did the same thing on my FAL and it has held up very well. The AMD is going into my desert car and probably wont be used much, so if it gets banged around a bit, I dont really care. Thanks to everyone that helped me with the build here on this forum- you made it alot easier!
Thanks,
Dean

img73.exs.cx/img73/7592/AMD65bb.jpg

img73.exs.cx/img73/3334/AMD65aa.jpg

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Forgot to add....NICE

Quoted:

The gun:
Thanks,
Dean

img73.exs.cx/img73/7592/AMD65bb.jpg

img73.exs.cx/img73/3334/AMD65aa.jpg

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking paint job.  Let us know how the paint holds up to heat from firing.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Real nice, I like to see guys that take their time and do nice paint on their toys.  Congrats, what's your next project?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#10]
nice paint!! good to see something different
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the kind words. I apologize for the slow response time- it was anniversary time last week, so no computer.
Flagstaff: The pattern was supposed to resemble the U.S. "chocolate chip" pattern, which should work well out here in the Southwest.
Mister Suzuki: I used a MIG and created plug welds(I beleive that is what they are called. I have read alot about the +/- about welding, and figured I would give it a try. In my mind, I am more concerned about the rear block failing and the bolt becoming imbeded in my forehead. If the front trunnion fails, theoretically, the pieces will be propelled forward away from my face. We will see- I will definetly let you guys know how it shoots. On the flipside, I dont intend to shoot it much anyway- it will be in my desert car for added protection in case I stumble across a Meth lab or someting like that out in the desert.
18bsottm: I would like to create a Valmet m76 clone using Galil parts and a little ingenuity, but that probably wont happen for a while.

Thanks again for everyone's input and help with the build.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top