Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 6:49:20 PM EDT
Hey fellas, here is the finished product.  http://images.snapfish.com/33%3B7668323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2335%3D676%3D58%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3B%3B4592%3C4ot1lsi   This is a TAPCO AMD kit that was in great shape when I got it.  I used a Arsenal 1.6mm reciever and hand fitted the front and rear trunions.   I rivited the front trunion, but elected to screw the rear in place because I felt that that it would be stronger that way.   I had the barrel extention and folding stock spot welded at the local machine shop.  the whole weapon was covered with GunKote and then baked as per the directions.  I added the FAL grips to give it a better feel overall.   http://images.snapfish.com/33%3B7668323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2335%3D676%3D58%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3B%3B459934ot1lsi   I used a K-Var scope mount and elected not to use a side rail as I didnt like the position.  I shaved it down and used button head screws and locking nuts to mount it farther back.  I chose a Aimpoint 5000 dot sight because it is small and compact and fit the weapon so well.  There is no problem field striping the weapon as I made sure that I mounted it just high enoughf.   I had a bit of trouble with the FCG at first, but just smoothed out the FCG a bit and good to go.  I have pounded about 50 rounds through it on test fire and no problems as of yet.  This week I will be running a range so I will take it out and shoot some steel with it and see how it dose.  Thanks again for all the help that I got from everyone here on the site, it made the build a whole lot smoother.  The next project is a Krink underfolder from K-Var, I'm saving my $ now.  Mark
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
With the death of the AWB only a couple of days away, why bother welding the stock in the open position? You could have legally removed the spring and used a set screw to secure it in the open position. That way in 8 days, simply remove the old screw and add the original and you will be good to go.
By the way...how do you like the FAL grip on the front end? It appears to be very severly canted vs. a standard one.
Looks good!
Good Luck.
KILO OUT
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't use all of my hand to wrap around the grip, just 3 fingers to pull it into my shoulder and square up the weapon.  As for the AWB.....I really don't think that it is going to sunset, which I kinda hope that it dose,  but remember....they will reinstate it, and it will be far worse than it is now, take my word for it.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
They have about a snowballs chance in hell of getting another ban through.They know if that should happen they all would lose that chickenshit job they have .Where else are you gonna find a job like that where you can vote yourself a raise and get paid good money for doing nothing but babbling all day.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
but remember....they will reinstate it, and it will be far worse than it is now, take my word for it.  

I will bet you a $20 donation to either here or the FALFILES that the AWB will NOT be reinstated by 13 Sep.

If/when they reinstate something "far worse" what makes you think that they will not simply make ALL ownership of all semi-auto's illegal? Then it won't matter if your stock folds or not.

I am serious about the bet though.

KILO OUT
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Where did you get the barrel extension?

thank you

Richard
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Where did you get the barrel extension?

I don't where he bought his, but www.tapco.com has them for $5.99.  It's unfinished, so you'll have to paint it.z
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:16:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't use all of my hand to wrap around the grip, just 3 fingers to pull it into my shoulder and square up the weapon.  As for the AWB.....I really don't think that it is going to sunset, which I kinda hope that it dose,  but remember....they will reinstate it, and it will be far worse than it is now, take my word for it.  

it looks like it sunset doesnt it  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it looks like it sunset doesnt it  

The sad part of this thread is that neither ARF.com nor FALFILES received a contribution of $20. It is a shame that he didn't take me up on that bet!

Cheers.
KILO OUT
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey 18bsottm, I was wondering if you mind if I use your first picture on a commercial for school.  It is just a made up project, but we can't use pics unless we have permission.  By the way, like the gun.  My AMD65 should be coming along soon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I would like to know what the nature of the comercial is, but if it isn't any crazy anti gun propaganda then by all means go right ahead,
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top