Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 10:50:54 PM EDT
Theres only 4 articles in the krinkov section and none answered my question when I read them, does a krinkov take a standard ak reciever or des it have its own size?  Do I need a stamped or milled?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Plan on using a side or under folder? The the receivers are the same other than the cut for what ever stock you plan to use. Side folders have to have the back of it cut for the folder parts and also the front of the receiver gets cut and drilled for the folding stock latch. It is the same for the side folder AK74. I built a AKS74 and that side folding stock was a pain in the arse to get right.
Most I have seen built are on stamped receivers but there are some milled one running around out there too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:36:01 AM EDT
[#2]
A standard AK receiver is used for Krinkovs.  You can build one on stamped OR milled depending on your budget.

The only thing with building on a milled receiver is that you will not be able to install the side folding stock.  There are no milled receivers currently made for the side folder.  Firing Line makes U.S. made milled receivers for standard and underfolding AK variants.  They are allegedly working on a side folder.  Check with them for the status...

www.angelfire.com/ok3/firingline/

If you go with stamped, you will need to track down the template for the rear block (underfolding or sidefolding).  I have been cleaning up a couple of the drawings that have been circulating and will try to get them posted for you.

Krebs Customs has U.S. made gas pistons that will fit the Krink.

Any U.S. made fire control group will work in the Krink.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:47:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I want to do a AK74SU style like Osama's only with a underfolder, I like how the underfolders look and feel compared to the side folders.  Another question, if you use a american made reciever does the parts count thing still apply?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, the US made parts still apply with a US made receiver. Just ones less US part to add to it.
Are you planning on going the short barrel rifle route or using an bartrel extension of some sort?

I haven't seen any 74s with an underfolder so go for it. Can't wait to see pics.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Im gonna go SBR if I can, Im going to contact some people in my county to see how the reg's are before I go ahead with the buildup.  Otherwise I might end up with one of those fake silencers, Im trying to avoid that though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#6]
SBR is a pain in the ASS.  IIRC you need.

Sig. from local CEO doc.
Proff of citizen ship doc.
two finger print cards
Another form with $200 tax stamp (didnt we go to war over tax stamps?)
send it off, and wait 3-6 months.

Check out Uzitalk.com these guys do this stuff all the time, seeing they own large numbers of SBR, F/A and Suppressers.

Jack
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top