Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2004 5:53:04 PM EDT
Tapco has a folding stock advertised.  If all goes well, about the middle of next September, I would like to assemble an AK.

My question is, has anyone seen or used this stock?  Is it comfortable, rugged, that kind of thing?

I have a Polytech pre-ban with a side folder.  So it is quite possible I would not be satisfied with the Tapco stock.  

Any comments or suggestions?  The other alternative I have looked at is quite a bit more expensive.  The Ace stock looks good.

Patiently waiting for the sunset.
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of the tapco folding stocks and it seems rugged enough to me.  I haven't had a chance to test it on a rifle at the range though.  Nice thing is the tapco stock can be made non folding with a few minutes of work and then switched back to a working folder after the ban sunsets.  I don't have a polytech sidefolder to compare to but in my opinion the tapco stock is nice and I would consider buying another one in the future.
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
grendelbane,

If you decide to go with the Tapco folder let me know, I have several. I ordered a bunch of them when they first came out. I can get you one for $45 and that will include the shipping.

Let me know
Scott
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm wonder how these stock affect the gun in a folded position. In the pictures it looks like it covers both the selector and the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:48:46 AM EDT
[#4]
It does fold to the right but there is enough room to get to the slector and there is are no issues at al in reguard to getting to the trigger.

Scott
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top