Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 3:06:37 PM EDT
Are AK47 FCGs interchangeable with the AK74?  In preparing to do a build, or have a build done, can I simply purchase a quality '47 set to work in the '74?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, not much response on that one, is it?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the trigger and disconnector are the same.  The hammer has a slightly different geometry.

BTW, make sure you get a double hook trigger set if that is what your reciever needs.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:23:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#4]
CampyBob,

I checked the sites for Midway and Sportsmans Guide for the RSA trigger groups, and no luck. Any links or other suggestions for a source? Getting it straight from RSA is $85, so $60 sounds a lot better.

Thanks,
MFer
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:08:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Check Sportsman under Power trigger or ak trigger.I ordered one from them last week.There's a $5 off coupon you can use.If they'll just give me a shepards hook I can get in it'll be worth the money!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I found the AK-47 RSA trigger group at Sportsmans Guide for $60. I'm having a Bulg 74 built, so I called RSA and asked if the 47 and 74 used their same trigger group. I was told yes.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top