Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2002 5:31:55 PM EDT
 Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I need to find a source for stamped underfolder AKM recievers...I got a milled one from Florida Gun Works for an arm and a leg but need a stamped one as well.  I realize regular recievers (I've seen alot of HESSE and Ohio Ord. ones on the 'net for sale) can be modified to accept such a configuration but I'd prefer to find the real deal...unless someone can tell me a way to perform said procedure with a minimum of cussing and yelling.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
freezesquad,

There are no stamped receivers currently manufactured in the underfolder variation. The conversion can be done rather effortlessly if you have access to a mill, press, and remember the saying, "Measure twice, cut once." :) If I can help advise in any way, please feel free to e-mail me. good luck.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]
 Thanks...so much for the easy way out...two more questions:  Are parts interchangeable between milled and stamped recievers (i.e. trigger group, bolt, etc. designed for stamped reciever weapons-can they be installed in a milled reciever?).  Second question:  has anyone else out there run into problems getting their FFL dealers to transfer things like AK recievers?  I've been to quite a few in my area and they all balk at semi-auto's (even the frames!)...and I've got two all ready to ship but nowhere to ship to! I have a firearms ID, pistol permit, and LTC but no FFL unfortunately.
Anybody have the same problem?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top