Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/3/2020 7:06:45 PM EDT
So I am finishing my RPK build - my first I did on my own, and I am now replacing the original gas piston with a TAPCO USA part.

I noticed that the TAPCO unit is slightly shorter than the original commie gas piston - maybe 1/4"?

Does this matter at all? I went ahead and pinned the new one on, following the instructions to unthread it a 1/2 turn or so to produce a little wobble. New unit assembled is just a little shorter than before.

Does this matter or am I just being too worried about it?

David.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think it matters. Shoot it and see for yourself.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#2]
It might shoot softer then usual, if you happen to stovepipe or other fte, that's a reason why
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
It might shoot softer then usual, so if you happen to stovepipe or other ftf/fte, that's the reason why. Because your piston has now shorter stroke. On the other hand  it might also be good for you , if your weapon is overgassed like majority of Ak
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Tapco AK pistons came in a AKM and AK74 length with a spacer to use in one of them...could this be a similar situation but missing the spacer?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top