Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2012 7:09:29 PM EDT
Well here she is. He did 99% of the conversion himself. It was hard for me not to jump in and do it for him. It has a Tapco G2 trigger, weled the velco looking patch and the old trigger holes, laminent wood stained with Minwax colonial mapel stain, the metal work is refinished with KG 2400 series AK black. The stock grip was widened and textured with marine-tex then coated with DuraCoat flat black. It turned out real nice. And the best part was having him in the shop spending time with the old man.

Now that he has gotten this under his belt he want to build from a kit.

Link Posted: 8/13/2012 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome. Let this be a lesson to all of you vaginas out there who are too afraid to do a simple back end conversion.
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice F150, Oh and thats a sweet saiga 74.
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Awesome. Let this be a lesson to all of you vaginas out there who are too afraid to do a simple back end conversion.

Link Posted: 8/14/2012 4:01:25 AM EDT
[#4]
yo boy's got talent....
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. He did it all. Even installed the bullet guide with no problems. I may send it off to get his name and the date engraved on it. Now he wants to build a Dragunov or PSL from a kit. I had to pry him off the computer lastnight.

Edit: By the way, he is 12 yrs old.
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd be damn proud of your boy, or should I say young man.  And kudos for you for letting him get his feet wet.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#7]
God dammit he's to young to own a rifle',, gona report you,, just kidding good build, my sone built his frist 22 cal AR at 15.. It will be a big boy gun when he's 18... Nice job.. Now teach him to shoot it....
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
God dammit he's to young to own a rifle',, gona report you,, just kidding good build, my sone built his frist 22 cal AR at 15.. It will be a big boy gun when he's 18... Nice job.. Now teach him to shoot it....

They are scary good with rifles and not too bad with a pistol. Teaching them to read the wind was the hardest part. AIden, the one in the pic can use the mil dots but his brother hasnt quite got it yet. The little turd  can hit soda cans at a 100yds with iron sights (I can barely see them now gotta love getting old) I have had them shooting since they were about 6. Started them on BB guns and have slowly worked them up to .30 cals on rifles and 9mm on handguns. They grew up in the shop so their weapon safety is excellent. We get a lot of compliments from range personnel when we shoot on them.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is his twin brother Wyatts Conversion:

forgive the quality pic was taken with my phone
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top