Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2012 9:23:49 AM EDT
Building Bulgarian Weapons Kits. Need Receivers to complete order.

Does anyone have receivers in stock and or are there any dealers in Arizona who carry them.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about AZ but I know several peps have them like Arsenal , Apex, Centerfire,CO Gunsales, Nodackspud also has them..... I also saw some on Royal Tiger..
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my Nodak Spud NDS2 off GB from TNGW, about $99.00.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Classic Arms has I.O. AK-74 (and AK-47) fixed stock receivers for $49.99 right now.  I just ordered four and and am going to pick them up at my FFL tomorrow.
Follow this LINK and scroll about half way down the page.

Cheapest fully heat treated receivers I found in awhile.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#4]
some on sale by centerfire systems...
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked up my I.O. receivers today - Three 47's and one 74.  

FWIW - They do have the following features:
 - 'F' and 'S' selector markings.
 - Trigger pin 'hump' in the bottom the the receiver.
 - Evil 3rd pin impressions: Left side 'V', Rights side 'I'
 - Mftr markings and S/N are located on bottom in front of mag well
 - Pre-drilled trunion holes - front and back on the 47 receivers / front only on the 74 (I would have preferred none)

They don't have step downs on the top rails.  

Probably the biggest down-side is that they have 'MADE IN USA' marked on the front right side under the trunnion holes.

All in all, not bad for the price IMO.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
TG International has relabeled NDS-2 EZs minus scope rail holes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
On the topic of AK74's, are the barrels available anywhere? I'm not having luck finding them
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Try AkBuilders.com for barrels
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

- Pre-drilled trunion holes - front and back on the 47 receivers / front only on the 74 (I would have preferred none)

Probably the biggest down-side is that they have 'MADE IN USA' marked on the front right side under the trunnion holes.

Im new to the AK and i want to build a AK 74. What do you mean they dont have step downs on the top rails? Is this something that is needed? Thanks Mike

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im new to the AK and i want to build a AK 74. What do you mean they dont have step downs on the top rails? Is this something that is needed? Thanks Mike

You can see the top rail step down in this picture.  Instead of the top rail being bent over and smooth, it has been pressed with a 'step down' along the length.

The step down isn't necessary for semi-auto only rifles.  It forces the bolt carrier to ride tighter in the receiver channel and, from what I understand, makes the rifle function better in full-auto.
Most owners/builders want these like other receiver features (mag dimples, X and Y impressions, trigger pin swell) as it makes the receiver more 'authentic'.  You don't need them to have a rifle that will work though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can see the top rail step down in this picture.  Instead of the top rail being bent over and smooth, it has been pressed with a 'step down' along the length.

http://www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/medium/img_gal_receiver-2_lg.jpg

The step down isn't necessary for semi-auto only rifles.  It forces the bolt carrier to ride tighter in the receiver channel and, from what I understand, makes the rifle function better in full-auto.
Most owners/builders want these like other receiver features (mag dimples, X and Y impressions, trigger pin swell) as it makes the receiver more 'authentic'.  You don't need them to have a rifle that will work though.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 5:12:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I got my 3 receivers from TGI.
Link Posted: 6/20/2012 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top