Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 8:54:02 PM EDT
I built my first few AK's at the last build party, however i somehow mannaged to not weld the rails all that well. did not help that the spot welder was only half assed modified to fot an ak reciever.
basicaly, im wondering if there is annything i can do to reenforce the rails after they have been spot welded in? jb weld? tig weld? or is it best to re spot weld it?

annyone in the milwaukee/racine/waukesha area out there have a AK spot welder who would not mind showing me how to get the iner rails?
thanks
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You know anybody over at Waukesha Tech......

It's just a thought .... I'm a few years out of the loop...

Only been back 2 times since '76....
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You know anybody over at Waukesha Tech......

It's just a thought .... I'm a few years out of the loop...

Only been back 2 times since '76....

unfortunatly, no... plus... guns+campus = bad
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:36:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Feel like making a trip up to Sussex this weekend?  I can weld em up for ya.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Feel like making a trip up to Sussex this weekend?  I can weld em up for ya.  

according to mapquest.... sussex is 16 min away from brookfield. if that is the case, FUCK YEAH!
btw my pistol build looks very slick. just pressed in the barrel last night before going to the UWM speaker thing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Sniff sniff, I miss Wisconsin (don't tell my wife or we may be back there by tomorrow, gotta finish my education here before moving anymore).  Oh well, I'll get over it.  I'm off to a build party!  
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top