Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2023 8:45:03 PM EDT
I noticed on the upper hand guard of my GF3, that there’s a spring clip in between the trunion and the outer lip of where the hand guard sits. What’s up with that? Anyone else have some thing similar? I’ve never seen that on any AK before. It has me hesitant on pulling the gas tube to replace the hand guard.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:23:58 AM EDT
[#1]
It's just used to keep the handguard or upper handguard tight so it doesn't wiggle. Some of mine have it some don't, some AK's have tighter tolerances than others.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:46:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChevChelios] [#3]
@PalmettoStateArmory

Hey Josiah, I know about the retainer springs on the wood furniture. The GF3 I’m referring to has polymer furniture. I just never saw a tensioner in that area in an AK before.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:12:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChevChelios] [#5]
@PalmettoStateArmory

Thank you Josiah.When I get home I’ll grab the SKU and PM you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:17:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChevChelios] [#6]
@PalmettoStateArmory

Message sent Josiah.

Thank you again for your help!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#7]
By the way, it's Josiah.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:19:04 AM EDT
[#8]
@luv_the_huskers. Yeah, I’m a dumbass. Plus auto corrupt didn’t help me. I did apologize to him in my PM message.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#9]
@PalmettoStateArmory - thank you for helping me out. I appreciate you guys and your top notch service. For anyone interested, here is what I was told from PSA- That is a spring that connects to the back of the gas tube to add tension on the fitment of the gas tube with out making it to difficult to remove for cleaning.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:50:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#10]
Yes, that's a standard part that I believe was introduced with the AK-74M.

ETA: looks like it was adopted with the original AK-74 and not the M. For some reason I thought it came about later.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:
Yes, that's a standard part that I believe was introduced with the AK-74M.

ETA: looks like it was adopted with the original AK-74 and not the M. For some reason I thought it came about later.
View Quote

That’s probably why I’ve never known about it - I’ve never had or shot a 74. Good to know.
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top