User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2011 8:45:33 PM EDT
could you use it for lube?
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 2:34:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't. Some of it has graphite in it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 3:52:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
could you use it for lube?

On a AR, I would not suggest it. On other items yes makes for a great extreme pressure, high temperature and slow operating speed lube.

eta
Suggested applications: Threaded assemblies, slide fit assemblies, hinges, gears, chains and sprockets cables and sheaves, lever pivot points, rollers, oil-still header bolts, furnace equipment threads, retorts, kilns, ovens, etc., exhaust system bolts and studs, cylinder head gaskets and studs, turbine casing studs and marine and coal mining equipment; farm equipment, heavy equipment trucks, cars, industrial equipment, drawing and forming of metals.

Suggested Applications: Drop forge dies and hammers, catalyst bed and reaction chamber supports. Slow rotating bearings in hot corrosive environments. Lubricate and seal pipe threads in acid environments. Coat gaskets in high temperature applications. Lubricate conveyor chains, chemical plant bolts for pump housing and pipe flanges.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:17:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Just thought id ask.  I have used it on suppressor baffles.  makes them easier to get out to clean.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I use it a lot, but never on moving parts. It's works well to prevent threaded parts (or tight tolerance) from siezing from heat and corrosion ( think spark plug threads), but it was nver intended to be used as a lubricant. Oddly, Glock uses it on the slide rails of new guns for break in , but not to be reapplied once it wears off, which leads me to believe that it's a mild abrasive.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top