Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 6:07:28 AM EDT
I bought about 40$ worth last week....Got around to using the first bottle yesterday....

Nothing more than some clear lube in there....Hmm..Every can I bought was like that!

I called Hoppes, who said they would send me 3 free cans for my troubles, ok, awsome.

I went back to the sports store from which I bought the cans for return/exchange, and of all 20-something cans of moly they have, none contain moly.

So be careful if you use moly and see any Hoppes in stores... Its a great product...when they actually put it in the can!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#1]
What moly is listed on the can?  Moly disulfide?  That's the black stuff.  There are other moly-containing additives like moly dithiocarbamate which impart no color or different color like red.  Depends on what moly the product is formulated with.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Checked their site, it's moly di, which should show some black.  Bizarre...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if the cans were sitting so long that they needed to really be shaken up good? I imagine the moly could settle to the bottom of the can over a period of time.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#4]

I imagine the moly could settle to the bottom of the can over a period of time.

+1 And I can't imagine that someone would intentionally spray black gook all over their gun??
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top