Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 12:24:07 AM EDT
Does anybody use this?  Their website is very lacking in information.  

Does it come out of the can in oil form, and then evaporate to form a dry lube like Eezox?

Is it a CLP like Eezox?

The performance of this product is very impressive according to the Canadian test that is found here: Test Info But this is only a lubrication test, not a corrosion or cleaning indicator.

Any working information from current users would be appreciated.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been using G96 on all my firearms for the the past five or six years, it works great.  I use the complete gun treatment (can) to do all the cleaning then use the little bottle of synthetic gun oil for lube.  Never seen or used Eezox, but G96 does come out of the can in an oil form.  It comes out thinner than BreakFree CLP.  Don't know if this is true or not but someone once told me Rock River Arms uses G96 as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I also have been useing g96 for about 4 or 5 years no problums with at all, like it better then break-free.(smells better too). The only thing i think its weak at is the cleaning , but for a lube its good  for protection its VERY GOOD never any rust problums with my rifles or pistols and i shoot my blued 1911's in rain and snow.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used G96 for as long as I can remember. It is not the best cleaning product but I love the fact that you can use it on wood with no harm. It's hard to find around here and expensive, but if you have wood on your guns, it is worth it. I'm not sure it's the answer for AR's but time will tell as I'm picking up my first this weekend. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
ezzox and g96 arte verry simular oils from what the pervious owner of MCP saw under a spectrograph. Only Issues I have had with g96 were with non firearm materials.
Master all weather lock and a greelee snake had there plastic crack.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#5]

ezzox and g96 arte verry simular oils from what the pervious owner of MCP saw under a spectrograph.

I saw that a while ago on FP10 forum, that's why I was comparing the two together.  Good info to get out though.

Master all weather lock and a greelee snake had there plastic crack.

Sounds like bad stuff for my XD's...  Firearm plastic should be better than that...I hope.

Gregory_K:  The test indicates that Eezox must sit for several hours to dry (under statement), but it gives no indication of this for G96.  I was wondering if it dried quicker than Eezox?

Any experience with it as a cleaner?  Eezox, IMHO, is a very good cleaner and from what little I have herd about G96, it is not.  Though some (on other boards) indicate that it attacks rust very well.  Eezox does nothing to rust in my experience, so the similar chemical composition has me confused.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:07:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I have used g96 on a Glcok 21, Walther P99 and a HK USP.  there frames are still going. The g96 did flush out the little bit of red paint waltehr uses on the striker of the p99.

Plastics are verry different from a gun frame vs other forms of plastics.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top