Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 5:13:48 PM EDT
I replaced the standard stock with a collaspsable stock today. A few questions:

1. What is the easiest way to get the detent spring seated without messing it up?

2. The buffer retainer - Is this supposed to stick up or are you supposed to thread the reciever tube over the buffer retainer? In other words....For normal operating does the buffer retainer need to be protruding or pushed down in the hole?

Thanks -

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
1. If you are talking about the takedown pin's spring, all you can do is stick something in there to keep it straight as you tighten the castle nut.

2. The buffer retainer should be overlapped by the buffer tube, with only the "tit" sticking up in front of the buffer tube.. This is what holds it in place.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks - So when you are threading the new reciever in place you should stop right before you get to the retainer pin and lock it down?

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks - So when you are threading the new reciever in place you should stop right before you get to the retainer pin and lock it down?

As you are threading the buffer tube in, depress the buffer retainer. The tube should thread OVER the edge of the buffer retainer so that it cannot pop up out of its hole.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow - Thanks for the picture - That makes perfect sense now. I appreciate the help.

John
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As you are threading the buffer tube in, depress the buffer retainer. The tube should thread OVER the edge of the buffer retainer so that it cannot pop up out of its hole.

www.hunt101.com/img/377995.jpg

A little off topic but M4Madness what is your avatar from?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well, I was wanting a photo of someone in a straitjacket to go along with the whole "madness" theme, but obviously I didn't want a man pictured in order to keep with the whole hetero-thing.

I found the photo on the net and cropped and resized it. It's a screen shot from some movie called "The Dead Pit". I haven't seen the movie, but the girl sure does look good restrained.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I was wanting a photo of someone in a straitjacket to go along with the whole "madness" theme, but obviously I didn't want a man pictured in order to keep with the whole hetero-thing.

I found the photo on the net and cropped and resized it. It's a screen shot from some movie called "The Dead Pit". I haven't seen the movie, but the girl sure does look good restrained.

Nice legs that girl has!(as Yoda would say)
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top