Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 12:19:23 PM EDT
The Break Free CLP that I bought comes with a little straw taped to the outside, however there is no nozzle or anything like that to put the straw into the bottle.  There's just a cap on top of the bottle with a little hole and that's it, also the hole is far too small to fit the straw.

Exactly what is the straw used for?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
My clp bottle that I had the tube fit in the hole. Its tight but it fit........

I took my clp from the bottle though and put it in a eye dropper type bottom, works much better imo and was only like .99 at wally world.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My straw came with an umbrella for the top and was designed to stir martinis.

Just put the straw in the hole and let the CLP goop all over.  That is what Breakfree bottles were designed to do - LEAK and make a mess.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I was wondering the same thing the other day...Anyone got insight on this??
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My straw came with an umbrella for the top and was designed to stir martinis.

Just put the straw in the hole and let the CLP goop all over.  That is what Breakfree bottles were designed to do - LEAK and make a mess.

It's so true, I think anytime I clean my rifle half the CLP leaks out, it's nasty.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#5]
i think i've lost half of my CLP just because of that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#6]
OMG.

Put the "straw" in the cap's hole.  CLP comes out the "straw" in smaller amounts, and you can be more accurate in where you put the lube.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quit being such a pansy and push the damn straw into the hole.  

Tight fit guarantees no leaks.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
OMG.

Put the "straw" in the cap's hole.  CLP comes out the "straw" in smaller amounts, and you can be more accurate in where you put the lube.

Trying to jam the straw into that tiny hole makes it crimps and break.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Put it in vertically this time

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Put it in vertically this time

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quit being such a pansy and push the damn straw into the hole.  

Tight fit guarantees no leaks.

LOL, this is CLP is going to leak. I have to keep my bottle in a plastic bag so its doesnt get all over everything. I got a big bottle and just use it out of one of those renew eye drop bottles. It works perfect and doesnt leak.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
OMG.

I have never had any problems fitting the tube into the top of the spout. Maybe you have a defective bottle, lol.

It is provided to get very small amounts of lube into hard to reach places.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I had problems with that too. Straw to big for the hole, hell that reminds me of something else
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm a FNG here so forgive me if this has been hashed out before.

I've never used the bottle, always the spray can (with tube). With light pressure on the nozzle I can get a drop or two or, if needed, a blast for those tight places on most firearms.

Bact to the topic. Cut the tube where it was bent and try again. The opening in the bottle may have been bured by past attemps so use a small sharp knife to make the hole clean. Place your fingers close to the end of the tube you're trying to insert and twist as you push. You'll get.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I've always wondered about the straw too.  Even if you can cram it in the hole, it doesn't store too well.  That's why I buy these, give em to my family and friends too  Needle Oiler
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#16]
all my CLP is in big bottles with yellow squirters......but just make sure it is warm enough to melt the protectant in bottom before you start squeezing and pumping....or you will have to run it under hot water as you cant pump that handle enough to force the white stuff out the nozzle....Trust me I tried for an hour one weekend last winter.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
all my CLP is in big bottles with yellow squirters......but just make sure it is warm enough to melt the protectant in bottom before you start squeezing and pumping....or you will have to run it under hot water as you cant pump that handle enough to force the white stuff out the nozzle....Trust me I tried for an hour one weekend last winter.

It's time to buy the new stuff...
The CLP I have runs very fast.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:00:22 AM EDT
[#18]
had no problems inserting the straw into the cap.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top