Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:21:04 PM EDT
I want to remove my stock with a special tool?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Wrap it with a rag and use a channel lock type pliers.  Just be very careful or else you will leave marks on it.  Ideally you could use a strap wrench if you don't have the castle nut wrench.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have the one with the square notches? Use a brass punch and tap it loose. It loosens by rotating it counter clockwise when looking at it from the butt of your stock (barrel pointed away from your face).
It tightens the opposite way.

ETA: The strap wrench is a safer way to go. I would just get the ProMag tool. It's cheap but it works fine for me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Strap wrench would work

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:00:31 AM EDT
[#4]
They pretty much covered it all.  If you're feeling daring you can use a screw, a hammer and gentle pressure.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Job done, thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't recommend the Channel Lock way. Too much crushing pressure is brought to bear.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I used a hammer and a hatchet....kinda f'ed up the nut, but it still works....oh well....just balance the blade of the hatchet on the square notch and swing at it with the hammer....oh yeah- be careful (fingers can get in the way, so don't miss
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Just get a armorers wrench. Your gonna need it eventually.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top