Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 6:24:41 PM EDT
I was BSing with a gunsmith at my local gun shop and I asked him about barrel break-in for my new RRA CAR (non-chromed).  He referred me to an article (I'll dig up and post link) that did not recommend the shoot 1 round, clean, repeat routine.  I'll let you read it to hear the arguments against this, but what I'm wondering about is the products from Sentry Solutions that the article then turned to.  Smooth Kote and BP2000 are the two products.  Anyone have any experience or knowledge?  I haven't been able to find much about it online.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link I mentioned...

http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/Barrel_BreakIn_II.asp
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Tuf-Glide from Sentry Solutions is what I started OIF with...and loved the stuff.

I finished my tour using Mili-Tec....even better stuff.

Both go on wet. Tuf-Glide will dry to a hard "waxy" finish that will lube regardless of the amount of dust and sand getting into the weapon.

Mili-Tec requires heating the metal to allow it to be absorbed. After a few applications, the weapon can be wiped dry and used with no worries about dust and sand.

Regular use in my M4 resulted in ZERO malfs. In fact, my Company had no stoppages due to lack of lube or dirt, after I insisted they all switch to Mili-Tec.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Socket,

I used to use the living hell out of Sentry Solutions Tuff glide, Smooth Kote, and Tuff Cloth.

It at the time, was the only thing found through repeated trial and error, and tinkering that would keep many(Too many!) Carbines from rusting, and still allow for discharging full load out plus without gathering sand,dust, and other environmentals.

Have found better since then, but the Sentry stuff gathers no flies.

S-28

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback.  What product(s) have you found to work better?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback.  What product(s) have you found to work better?

TW25-B. I don't know why I typed TW56-B.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#6]
tw25b by mil-com
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Tango Whiskey Two Five Bravo.
www.mil-comm.com/

Militec
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]
that little 1.5 tube is lasting me a few years,  
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top