Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 2:38:06 AM EDT
I was doing alil painting on my C15 97 pistol.Just the lettering.And I went to grab something and the damm bottle of paint spilled on part of my lower.I quickly tried to wipe it off and most of it did come off, but now theres a redish tint.So before I go and do another stupid thing,what would be the best way to get the remaining paint off?It`s automotive touch-up paint.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:42:34 AM EDT
[#1]
acetone, paint thinner, nail polish remover, brake cleaner, gasoline etc. etc.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Very kool!Thanks man.I was thinking i could use something like that,but I wanted to be sure it wouldnt mess up the carbon fiber.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
the acetone should work just fine.  Just don't overdue it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I used some nail polish remover*weakest smell*and worked 100%.Thanks for the info.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top