Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2005 6:38:34 PM EDT
I've always liked shooters choice and used it in all the other rifles I have and have recently been using it in my new AR. I was just curious if there are any other products out there that worked just as good or better.

I also wanted to know how often you guys clean your guns.I've been cleaning mine after I get home from shooting.

In all my other guns even after shooting a bunch of rounds when I clean them they aren't to horribly dirty ...however I've been shooting up some left over .223 WOLF ammo I had and after shooting only about 80 rounds the barrel was filthy! Is this to be expected or is it the ammo?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Wolf is dirty ammo.

You cleaner will work fine. Some say its to much. Me I just use Fp-10 (gun oil) to clean. Every 500 or soo I break out Butches bore shine to give the barrel a good cleaning.

I clean after every range trip weather its 1 round or 400 I do a field strip cleaning.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wolf is dirty ammo. I suspected this may be the case
I clean after every range trip weather its 1 round or 400 I do a field strip cleaning. Thats what I've been doing...cleaning out the upper, barrel and bolt group.

Shooters choice definately isn't the cheapest but like I've said I find its really a great product...I guess thats what I was looking for was something that was just as good but maybe a bit cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
you can always buy the solvent in larger containers to save some cash.

i put shooters choice and Butchs bore shine at the same level of cleaning power. Hoppes is a bit less. and clp is less than hopes.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top