Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 5:25:52 PM EDT
I have been using this for a few months now and I have to say that it is wonderful!  Has anybody else used it and what were you outcomes?  Anything better?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up the bore gel and I have to say that it is really great.  I have never really liked any of the hoppes cleaning products because they always seemed too weak and it took forever to get the job done and it doesn't remove copper fouling well.  I did a little testing with this bore cleaner by cleaning the bore with the bore gel, swabbing with iso to neutralize, then tried sweets to see if there was any more copper.  I was amazed that there was NONE!!!  It works really well and doesn't have the corrosive properties of the ammonia-based solvents.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m still a fan of the #9 cleaner, guess I’ll have to try out the “Elite” cleaner next.........after I use up the 16oz bottle of #9 I just bought!

I like to mix #9 and turpentine 50/50 and use this mixture to soak the bolt and carrier in during cleaning.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#3]
It is M-Pro7 under the Hoppes name. It is made by Penthalon chemicals(spelling?) and it one in the same. It is a excellent cleaner for sure!

You might want to check out MC-25 cleaner made by Mil-Comm. It is just like M-Pro7/Hoppes Elite but is even more effective and is safer on wood finishes and such. I used Mpro7/Hoppes Elite till I found Mc-25 and I feel MC25 is a better product and is MUCH MUCH cheeper to buy!!!

Check it out! www.mil-comm.com
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Ill order some.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Your welcome!

Mil-Comm website is down but should be back up very soon. I just tried to order some so I had to call over the phone to order.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you have any soap and water at home? If so, that's about how strong M-Pro 7's cleaner is, it does absolutely nothing. Ed's Red is cheaper and more potent.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#7]
and more toxic
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Do you have any soap and water at home? If so, that's about how strong M-Pro 7's cleaner is, it does absolutely nothing. Ed's Red is cheaper and more potent.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! That is the funniest thing I have heard all year!!!!!!!!

M-Pro7 is extreemly effective. It removes ALL yes ALL the hard cooked on carbon on the end of my AK piston and AR bolt with in 30 minutes of soaking. I have used M-Pro7 to clean the whole gun and it works very well indeed!
If you really even tried M-Pro7 you would have gotten the same results and if not you had a bad/old bottle of it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:43:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes I did try it, it worked like soap and water. Carbon Cutter is non-toxic and works faster, just IMHO.
M-Pro 7 was also quite expensive, overall it was a total waste of my money and there's nothing funny about it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree the Carbon Cutter is better but M-pro7 works well also. It is really strong acctually, I learned the hard way by getting it on my wood stock and it stripped the finish right off in a matter of minutes. I had to refinish the stock. I don't think that Dawn or and sofw soap could do that or cut carbon like that.
I also agree M-pro7 is WAY WAY over priced. MC-25 works better and is half the price and so is Carbon Cutter by Slip 2000.

Reguardless M-Pro7 works.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top