Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2005 10:39:57 PM EDT
Looking to pick up about 75 muzzle caps for our unit. Anyone know a good place to pick these up?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
only place i know of is saw sales. www.specializedarmament.com

fulton armory may have what your looking for. muzzel cap?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:34:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Best deal around from DSG Arms.

$.175 a piece.

not bad.

I found them for $.13 a piece, with a 20% discount for more than 50
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:58:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Best deal around from DSG Arms.

$.175 a piece.

not bad.

I found them for $.13 a piece, with a 20% discount for more than 50

Well heck, that is a great deal!  And some places are selling them at + $1 ea.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah...do NOT order from Bushmaster...unless you want RED.  Found that out the hard way last year.

Then I found DSG and the Sun's rays shown down.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
color doesn't matter to me.

it's for a bunch of Air Force folks. I'm their armorer for the time being. So, black is prefferable. But if they are red, it will g ive them an extra "muzzle awareness" device.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll bet the NSN for the issue muzzle caps is in the TM, er that's "TO" for the AF

Hotgun
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:09:19 AM EDT
[#8]
The TM for the M-16 gives the NSN for the cap in the appendix that shows Authorised Basic Issue Items.  Your Supply SGT should be able to order them on the CL IX document register on an O3 priority your PBO can do a call in requisistion to the Item Manager who's phone number is listed on the Army Master Data File (AMDF) the National Stock Number for the cap is 5340-00-880-7666.  It is managed by Rock Island Arsenal.  Have your commander get this priority ordered and you should have them by mail before you leave.  Make sure your Supply SGT tells the item manager you are deploying and they should fill the order immediately and send it out next day air.  

Army Rocks
Very Respectfully,
David
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:32:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The TM for the M-16 gives the NSN for the cap in the appendix that shows Authorised Basic Issue Items.  Your Supply SGT should be able to order them on the CL IX document register on an O3 priority your PBO can do a call in requisistion to the Item Manager who's phone number is listed on the Army Master Data File (AMDF) the National Stock Number for the cap is 5340-00-880-7666.  It is managed by Rock Island Arsenal.  Have your commander get this priority ordered and you should have them by mail before you leave.  Make sure your Supply SGT tells the item manager you are deploying and they should fill the order immediately and send it out next day air.  

Army Rocks
Very Respectfully,
David

You do realize this is for a bunch of flyboys, right? :-P

The only way we were getting them was throguh horsetrading. We managed to get buttstock mag pouches that way, but had no luck with muzzle caps. So, for ~$10, i donated them.

No sure if i'm gonan keep em at the end of the deployment, or jsut let the incoming people have em. But i'll definitly be bringing a handful back with me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:39:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:18:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
how much is a roll of electrical tape?

Come on now.... tha'ts not very tactical! I'm a flyboy! Electrical tape? feh.. that's for the army!

lol...would electrical tape work? probably. Heat and adhesives don't go well together.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:31:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
always worked in the past. one piece over the slots, across the muzzle then underneath, another piece around the outside of that. helps to not oil up the outside of the FS. we did it once in awhile in the Mojave when we were feeling lazy. Mostly caps are for keeping rain out of the barrel. One shot and the caps gone. I guarantee that when you need to shoot you will forget to remove it.

at a dime a piece, and with the current threat in our area, i'm not concerned. Btu yes, electrical tape would prolly work.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top