Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2005 5:48:29 AM EDT
How is the rear aperture on an A2 sight removed? It looks like there is a rollpin through the shaft on the windage knob, but I can't push it out. Help, please. Jim
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you have to remove the roll pin. Be careful though as the windage knob is spring loaded with a ball detent on the windage marks on the carry handle. You just have to have the proper sized punch, but it does come out. A small hammer and some tapping will do it, just pushing it won't.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, rebel; yes, I was "tapping" or pounding with my last remaining 1/16" rollpin punch, but it wouldn't budge. That makes it a typical AR roll pin. I will cut off a roll pin punch and hit it harder. Jim
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top