Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 1:04:21 PM EDT
Hey, here's my current cleaning procedure:

I scrub everything down with breakfree after disassembly, and let the parts sit for about 15 mins while the solvent in the break free works on the crud. Then I wipe it all down and lube with FP-10 before reassembly.

My question is, will I hurt anything by putting FP-10 on over the break free? I know that FP-10 does not have a solvent, so I won't clean with it. But I figured it would be better to use the cheaper breakfree as a cleaner and then use the more expensive FP-10 sparingly as a lube.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
will be no problems.

fp-10 is a clp, I use it on my 1911 and bushmaster.

You can use either one all buy itsself and have no worries.

around hear breakfree and fp-10 run real close in cost.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]
So wait, FP-10 has a solvent in it as well? Can I use it in the bore like BreakFree? I typically run a BreakFree soaked patch through the bore before storing my rifle, and then run a clean patch through before shooting. Will FP-10 work for this? Will it dissolve carbon deposits like breakfree?

I was under the impression that FP-10 was only a lubricant/protectant, not a true CLP.

EDIT: After going to www.fp-10.com, it appears that its intended use is the same as breakfree's. This brings me to my next question: My bottle of FP-10 is the Shooter's Choice brand. Is this the same FP-10 as the "firepower" brand, or is this a different FP-10?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This brings me to my next question: My bottle of FP-10 is the Shooter's Choice brand. Is this the same FP-10 as the "firepower" brand, or is this a different FP-10?

They are the same.  If you're interested in a less expensive cleaner, mix yourself up some Ed's Red.  Clean with the Ed's Red, then lube with FP-10.  Instructions for making your own Ed's Red may be found here, or you can purchase it from Brownells for significantly more money.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:10:09 AM EDT
[#4]
same stuff just different labels.

look on fp-10 .com and it can be verfied.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top