Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 9:16:37 PM EDT
What are OTIS cleaning/bore brushes made of? Will it be safe to use them w/ shooters choice copper remover? the instruction said not to use Phospor bronze brushes. i dont know what material is my OTIS brush. Will the shooters choice make it brittle or destroy it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If the Otis brush is copper based (phos bronze is copper and tin while brass is copper and zinc), which I belive it is .... then Shooters Choice will start to disolve it (Sweets 7.62 is similar at killing brushes).

Also any brass / bronze clamps on the cable will be attacked (have not use the OTIS for a few years ... left with the brother out of state).
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If the Otis brush is copper based (phos bronze is copper and tin while brass is copper and zinc), which I belive it is .... then Shooters Choice will start to disolve it (Sweets 7.62 is similar at killing brushes).

Also any brass / bronze clamps on the cable will be attacked (have not use the OTIS for a few years ... left with the brother out of state).

So what kind of bore brush should i use w/ Shooters choice/ since most brush on the market are made out of bronze or brass.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top