Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 6:32:21 PM EDT
Hello, everyone.  I was just curious about this.  I have a preban AR, and have noticed how gunk builds up rather quickly between muzzle and around the inside portion of the FH that is closest to the muzzle.  Obviously, its not worth it to try to clean this junk out every time you shoot/clean the rifle, but does it have any impact on accuracy, POA/POI, etc when it builds up?  Thanks in advance for replies, was just curious about this.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Naw, it's fine. If it really bothers you, just take off the FH and soak it in something like www.slip2000.com/carboncutter.html Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#2]
No, but correct me if I am wrong, that it the place where the muzzle crown is.  Abusive cleaning of that area will degrade accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have wiped that area off before when I was changing one type of FH for another, but I didnt try to SAND it or anything.  What would be abusive cleaning?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:27:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I just Q tip it with Hoppes. Let it sit for awhile and then Q tip it off.  Drive on!!!!!!!!!!!!! WarDawg
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top