Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 11:10:27 PM EDT
Anyone ever use or still use Hoppe's oil in the orange bottle? A local gun smith I know who does outstanding quality work really likes this oil, He is old school though. What are your thought and findings on this oil?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I still have two full bottles of it sitting in my safe.  I like it for its high viscosity.  I don't know its techinal data, but it seems to work fine.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Used the stuff forever when I was a kid.Thats about all there really was except for LSA back in the 70's.
But its pretty old school.Actually I'd rather use LSA anyday.
It does not compare to the clp's and lubes available today.If you want a lube/protectant oil go with the Mil-comm MC-2500 oil,better yet TW-25B.
For a CLP FP-10 as first choice or Break Free.
Raymond
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top