Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2003 2:40:07 PM EDT
I read on Armalite's web page about using solid film lubricants for the inside of magazines..

they further state that USGI mags were all treated with this on the exterior...

seaching the net there are so many kinds, etc.

Does anyone know where to get a simple aerosol can of solid film lubricant?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#1]
People use Perasilk G to refinish there mags .Tommy Haskins normally has it.About $17 a can.Will do 20 = mags. But as a lube only I would think any dry lube like Remington Dry lube in the spray can would be good. Wally world ao Kmart normally has it. And there is maor products out there also in this catagory.Check Brownells out. Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Home Depot has dry teflon film lube, called RD-50 ("EZ-Glide"), in spray cans for about $5 each. It's in the quarantined tool section.

Works great on window and door frames, vertical blind tracks, and things like that around the house. It's not permanent though, so it will need reapplying every once in a while. It dries fast so it's not a 'penetrator' either. It's basically pure teflon in a solvent carrier.

Don't use it in the rifle itself, but it works OK enough in magazines or on other slow-moving, low-pressure part assemblies.

[url]http://www.rd-50.com/multi.htm[/url]
The one I found was called "EZ-Glide" in a standard size black can (pic on their page). Didn't see the other three.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top