Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2003 8:30:37 PM EDT
Brother has just started using Iosso gun oil, appears to be an interesting product with little down side (many of the "typical" bad stuff is listed as not present) and coats well .... at least your fingers

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked up some of their bore paste 'cause I couldn't find any JB--was wondering if it's considered as good as JB
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
i like using their bore paste as a polish when i am polishing gun parts.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Many of the Bench rest shooters use Iosso paste to clean the chamber and throat area.  They say it cuts the carbon buildup better than JB which they use a ton of as well but mostly for the bore.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:12:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks  

Brother has only used the oil and we had not realized the bore cleaner is a very fine polish (helps explains how it works with out having any "evil" type chemicals [;)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#5]
My understanding is that Iosso Bore Polish does not contain any abrasives.  It does contain mild ammonia.

While it works, in my view it’s more trouble than it’s worth for a cleaning a regular, run-of-the mill AR.

FWIW, I used it for cleaning the bore of a stainless revolver recently and was amazed that after about fifty patches of it, the patches still came out black!!

I finally put some on a patch and simply rubbed it on the side of the revolver – it also turned black!!

Doh!!  [:E]

Unfortunately, I have no experience with their oil.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top